Prerequisites: Paticipants registering for this course shall have an understanding of the ARMER radio system, basic characteristics of equipment operations on Motorola APX radios
The Central Region has coordinated with On Target Training and Consulting to offer a 3 Day Instructor-led workshop on the APX Customer Programming Software. Both classroom discussion and hands-on training is expected.
Topics will include aspects such as:
- In depth tutorial of the APX Customer Programming Software
- APX Template building and programming on the APX subscriber radio.
- Operational decisions as it relates to programming subscribers on a P25 trunked radio system such as site affiliations, preferences, audio profiles, etc.
- APX Radio Management software
- Radio tuning
- Firmware upgrades
Participants should come with the following equipment:
- Laptop suitable and programmed to allow for programming of the APX subscriber.
- APX subscriber radio (preferred, but not required)
• Class attendance limit: 15 per session
• Class length: 24 hours
Discussions and/or demonstrations of upgrading firmware and tuning/alignment of radios will be included as part of 3 day course of instruction.